Whenever we go to any site, we have a goal in mind. To achieve that goal, we usually need to take a series of action, and by clicking call to action button, the first step starts to begin. CTA buttons on your site allow you to guide site visitors towards goal conversion. Some of the famous CTA button examples are:
- Sign up for the newsletter
- Want more information
- Get the details
- Start a Trial
- Download the app/book/guide
The main goal of CTA button is to draw readers’ attention through its compelling design, indulging stories, and other things.
So here are few design techniques to do for better CTA button:
1. Visually Striking Button
The color matters whether it is your website or your CTA button. Consider your CTA button as it is the only way to stand out among your peers with giving those buttons appealing colors and prominence. I would suggest you to use contrasting colors to create those striking buttons stand out. With contrast colors also use negative space around it to separates CTA buttons from other interface elements.
2. Action Oriented Text
Creating a call to action button that will make your website visitors to take immediate action is a daunting task. Luckily, there are several things you can do to make it outstanding:
- It would be beneficial for your website if your CTA button begins with a verb. Like, the CTA button “Enter for more information” is less appealing than “Start your free trial.” The difference in between two can be elusive but has different impacts on conversion.
- Make sure your CTA button is brief and easy to understand by the users. Keep your button text in between 2-5 words.
- When writing your call to action, it is important to incorporate one of these persuasive words: Free, Bonus, and instantly.
- Creating a sense of urgency in your call to action buttons can help you in getting extra click-through rates. Like, the call to action button “Sign Up and Get 30% Off Today Only!” is a good example to make individuals want to claim their offer while they can.
3. Less Is More
Remember if you want people on your website to take immediate action, you have to guide them properly by eliminating all the existing and potential problems from their way. When people find difficult to use your website or see so many options, they get muddled. So, it is best to offer them only one option.
Still, if you want to add multiple CTA buttons on your website, give importance to one CTA button to help users to focus on one thing at a time. You can also consider Evernote for this approach.
But, what will happen when your call to action button doesn’t stand out?
I have already mentioned that how important it would be to possess compelling CTA buttons on your website. If you fail to make your CTA button stand out, then you’ll fail to succeed.
Which call to action button is more compelling to make website conversion better is important to know. Keep this in your mind that split-testing alone never tell you this. You have to put your efforts in it.
Give mentioned designs a try and make your CTA button rocket and so increase your website conversion with these buttons.